Poker Diary Featuring StevenJacobs87

Friday 2 October 2009

Badminton Footwork Videos Online!

I want to discuss, the amount and the quality of badminton videos online. It is fair to say that there are plenty of videos online when it comes to Opens and Super Series events but are there many videos of how to play badminton for those who want to improve their game?

There are a few videos out there that help you improve your game but the majority of these videos tend to be very poor. Over half the footwork videos I have watched on sites like YouTube are rubbish, the people in these videos have not played to a good enough standard themselves to be able to help someone else learn. As a result what they are saying is often wrong and how is this going to improve your game when your practicing the wrong footwork. This means people will learn incorrect footwork patterns and create habits which are hard to correct.

Could you please share your views. Am I the only one with this opinion and who else feels these types of videos are not helping badminton progress. As a result I'm thinking of starting my own badminton video, what do you think?

3 comments:

  1. poor footwork, no recovery after shadowing any shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate badminton how can you call it a sport!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think there's only a handful of professionally made badminton training videos. Have you seem the Complete Badminton Training series? It's hosted by former-World Champion Zhao Jianhua, so you can trust that he knows his stuff. I have it available on my website http://www.badmintonconnect.com/ if you want to check it out.

    ReplyDelete